Learning Center and Tutoring
The Learning Center offers all NSCC students free, drop-in academic assistance with courses in which they are currently enrolled at the college. Services include access to computers for research, email, tutorials in course content, and software applications used in classes.
In addition, tutors are available to help in many subjects, especially mathematics and writing. Free online tutoring is also available to students.
SMARTHINKING Online Tutorial Program
- NSCC has provided you with free access the SMARTHINKING online tutorial program. You may log in from anywhere, at any time and interact with live tutors. They provide tutoring in math, economics, accounting, English and many other subjects. Once logged in to your course, click on Resources at the top, then click on Free Online Tutoring.
- Writing consultation, 30-minute sessions
- Mathematics instruction
- Assistance in use of computers
- Other forms of assistance by request
- Computer programs to learn and/or practice course content
- Computer programs to help prepare paper/projects for class, including word processing and presentation software
- Access to e-mail and Internet
- Access to Library research material
- Kisber Building, K-164 (inside the John E. Mayfield Library)
on the Main Campus ~ Map to Main Campus
120 White Bridge Road, Nashville, TN 37209
Learning Center Hours
- Spring Semester Jan 20–May 8
Mon–Thur: 8:00 AM–7:00 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM–4:30 PM
Sat: 9:00 AM–12:00 PM
- Phone: 615-353-3551