Fee Waivers and Discounts
State Employee Fee Waivers
Title 8, Chapter 50, Part 1 in Public Chapter 1047 of the 1990 Public Acts enables full-time employees of the State of Tennessee to be eligible for enrollment in one course per term at any state supported college or university without the payment of tuition charges, maintenance fees, debt service fees, student activity fees, or registration fees.
The following rules govern the use of this fee waiver type:
- Fees are not waived for non-credit, CEU, or correspondence courses, application fees, or parking permits. (For Regents’ Online Degree Program courses, the online fee and maintenance fee are waived. The student is responsible for payment of any other course fees.)
- Enrollment is subject to space availability in the class selected. Registration is permitted only during the late registration period.
- At the time of enrollment, the employee must have a completed state employee fee waiver form signed by his or her employer certifying that the applicant is a full-time employee with at least six months of continuous service with the State of Tennessee.
- The course must be taken for credit. Students may not audit a class if a state employee fee waiver is being applied to their account balance.
Senior Citizens and Students with Disabilities:
No fee is required for persons who are totally disabled or who are 60 years of age or older who wish to audit a class. Enrollment will be subject to the availability of space in the class requested. Registration must be completed during the late registration period, and the Bursar’s Office notified to complete the registration process.
For Credit Classes
Persons 65 years of age or older who live in Tennessee or totally disabled persons who wish to take a class for credit may enroll as special students for a fee of $70 per semester. Enrollment will be subject to the availability of space in the class requested. Registration must be completed during the late registration period, and the Bursar’s Office notified to complete the registration process.
- An applicant who wishes to be admitted in one of these categories must submit the following:
- A completed application for admission.
- A twenty-dollar ($20) nonrefundable application fee.
- Proof of age or physician’s certificate of total disability. NOTE: Fees for Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) are not waived or reduced.