Apply to NSCC
- Submit Application, $20 Application Fee for First-time Students: If you are a prospective student or have not attended NSCC in the past two semesters, complete an Application for Admission—available online or at any of our locations. Prospective students continue thru step 5.
- Submit Transcripts: Have official copies of high school and/or college transcripts or your GED Score Report, or HiSET scores sent directly to:
NSCC Office of Admissions
120 White Bridge Rd
Nashville, TN 37209
- Take Placement Tests: Request ACT or SAT scores. Nashville State’s ACT code is 3983. ACT or SAT scores can be no more than three years old. COMPASS placement test may also be taken if you are over 21 or you did not take the ACT/SAT.
- Submit Other Required Documentation:
- Selective Service: Provide proof of Selective Service Registration, if appropriate.
- Green Card/Immigration: Present original green card/immigration status, if needed. Michigan testing may also be required. The Michigan test is required for any student that English is not the native language.
- Citizenship: Submit proof of citizenship or lawful presence in U.S. Acceptable documentation can be found here
- Immunizations: Submit MMR and Varicella Immunization Form (full-time students only) showing proof of two doses of each vaccination, and Hepatitis B Immunization Health History Form
- Schedule appointment with NSCC admissions personnel, if in-state status is questionable.
- You will be contacted by mail by the Office of Admissions after all materials have been received. When all of the requirements for admission to NSCC are met, the Office of Admissions will give you clearance to register for classes.
Disclaimer: Other requirements may apply.
The Nashville State Community College Admissions Office is committed to serving the community of Middle Tennessee. The Admissions Office is dedicated to processing applications quickly and accurately and providing excellent service to students at all stages of their academic careers.
Types of Admission
NSCC provides two major types of admission: Degree Admissions and Non-Degree Admission, with several sub-categories. Each admissions category is designed for a particular purpose and for different populations. Applicants should review the various types and sub-categories and select the admissions category that best suits their educational needs and qualifications.
In all cases, qualified students must:
- Meet entry-level standards for the courses in which they enroll.
- Be able to complete assignments.
- Be able to read and write at the required level.
Future students are urged to submit their applications as early as possible to allow sufficient time for application processing and the timely distribution of registration information.
Nashville State Community College provides opportunities for collegiate education to all qualified applicants without regard to their race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, or disability.
Student Services Building, S-215
on the Main Campus
120 White Bridge Road
Nashville, TN 37209
Monday–Thursday: 8:00 AM–5:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM–4:30 PM
Exceptions: Semester breaks and school holidays.
(All faxed transcripts are considered unofficial.)