Nashville State Community College continues to monitor COVID-19. We encourage faculty, staff, and students to remain vigilant with personal health.
This webpage will serve as the information source for Nashville State relating to the Coronavirus outbreak and our response. In addition to College announcements, this site contains links to national, state, and local informational resources that provide updates on the outbreak.
*All students, faculty, staff, and visitors must enter through campus welcome check-in points.
White Bridge Campus Access Map/Welcome Checkpoints (Student Services and Weld buildings)
**All entry/welcome points for extended campuses are located at the main entrance.
Latest News and Updates
Responsible Return to Campus Phase Plan
See Nashville State's strategy for a Responsible Return to Campus.
Current Status for Nashville State Campuses:
- Clarksville - Phase 2
- Dickson - Phase 2
- Humphreys County - Phase 2
- Southeast Davidson - Phase 2
- White Bridge - Phase 2
Campus Safety Requirements
Because of COVID-19, anyone seeking to gain access to campus will be required to follow certain safety protocols. At this time, the requirements are to:
- Supply and wear a mask/face covering inside and outside while on campus. This includes classrooms, hallways, restrooms, and walking to and from buildings.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing whenever possible.
- Remain only in designated areas approved for individual campus access, for example, specific classrooms or offices.
- Do not gather in common spaces with other students, faculty, or staff, excluding class meetings.
- If your class meets in person, go straight to the classroom or office.
- Report any exposure you have had or diagnosis of COVID-19 to your supervisor or instructor, including any health changes that occur after being admitted to campus.
Disability Accommodation Requests
Masks are required on NSCC campuses. Any student wishing to request a disability-related accommodation in connection with NSCC’s mask requirement should contact the Access Center at 615-353-3294 or AccessCenter@nscc.edu. Please note that submission of medical documentation will be required. Apply for accommodations here. Students without masks and without approved accommodations will be asked to leave campus.
These protocols are in effect until Nashville State is in Phase 5 of the Responsible Return to Campus Phase Plan. The Plan continues to be updated as relevant local and national guidance is received
What Students Need to Know (Phase 2 & 3)
- Contact the office that you wish to make an appointment with. A list of student services contact information on all campuses is on the student online resources page. Students will be permitted on campus from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We are limiting the time to allow for continuous campus cleaning. If you want to visit multiple offices, you will need to make multiple appointments.
- Limited campus computers are available. You can make an appointment to use a computer on campus. More information about campus computers can be found here.
- Students are expected to follow all campus safety requirements.
- You will need to complete an online wellness check on the day of your appointment. The office that you schedule an appointment with will provide this to you when they confirm your appointment.
When you arrive on campus, you are required to enter through designated welcome check-in points. For White Bridge, this will be at the main entrances of the Student Services (parking lot side) or Weld (White Bridge side) buildings. For extended campuses, you will check in at the main entrance.
You are approved for the appointment only. Students are not permitted to move freely around campus. Once your appointment is complete, you are asked to leave campus.
For everyone’s safety. All water fountains are temporarily unavailable.
- Visitor's procedure to ensure a safe and supportive environment for students and Nashville State employees:
- Students/prospective students will be allowed to have one guest with them on campus to attend a previously scheduled appointment with the Student Services offices or during the Walk-in hours. Students attending class, taking a test in the Testing Center, using the library, computer lab, or zoom room are not allowed to bring any guests to campus. Students with an approved accommodation from the Access Center that requires a guest or guests on campus are excluded from this visitor's policy.
- Students/ prospective students arriving on campus with more than one guest:
- If an additional minor – Security will contact the Student Services office to verify that they can safely accommodate the additional guest. If no, student/prospective student will have to reschedule the appointment
- If an additional adult – one of the guests will be allowed to wait in a pre-determined space near the Security entrance
- All students and guests are required to follow Nashville State COVID-19 safety guidelines during their time on campus.
Nashville State's priority is the safety of our students, faculty, and staff while carrying out our mission.
- We will follow applicable Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and local health guidelines.
- We will evaluate and implement health and safety measures to support the phased return.
- We will be flexible to address new situations and changes in requirements, guidelines, and best practices.
If you test positive for COVID-19 or may have been exposed, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. You will receive information on how to communicate with your instructors. You will not be allowed on campus until you have an approved wellness check.