Nashville State Community College continues to monitor COVID-19. We encourage faculty, staff, and students to remain vigilant with personal health.
This webpage will serve as the information source for Nashville State relating to the Coronavirus outbreak and our response. In addition to College announcements, this site contains links to national, state, and local informational resources that provide updates on the outbreak.
White Bridge Road Campus Access Map/Security Checkpoints
*All entry/security points for extended campuses are located at the main entrance.
**All students faculty, staff, and visitors must check in at campus entry/security points. You must complete wellness check form as well. The form can be completed online at myNSCC (show security a digital entry form showing that you have been approved) or you can fill out a paper form at check-in.
Latest News and Updates
Responsible Return to Campus Phase Plan
See Nashville State's strategy for a Responsible Return to Campus.
Current Status for Nashville State Campuses:
- Clarksville - Phase 2
- Dickson - Phase 2
- Humphreys County - Phase 2
- Southeast Davidson - Phase 2
- White Bridge Road - Phase 2
Campus Safety Requirements
Because of COVID-19, during the Fall 2020 semester, anyone seeking to gain access to campus will be required to follow certain safety protocols. At this time, the requirements are to:
- Supply and wear a mask/face covering inside and outside while on campus. This includes classrooms, hallways, restrooms, and walking to and from buildings.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distancing whenever possible.
- Remain only in designated areas approved for individual campus access, for example, specific classrooms or offices.
- Do not gather in common spaces with other students, faculty, or staff, excluding class meetings.
- If your class meets in person, go straight to the classroom or office.
- Report any exposure you have had or diagnosis of COVID-19 to your supervisor or instructor, including any health changes that occur after being admitted to campus.
Disability Accommodation Requests
Masks are required on NSCC campuses. Any student wishing to request a disability-related accommodation in connection with NSCC’s mask requirement should contact the Access Center at 615-353-3294 or AccessCenter@nscc.edu. Please note that submission of medical documentation will be required. Apply for accommodations here. Students without masks and without approved accommodations will be asked to leave campus.
These protocols are in effect until Nashville State is in Phase 5 of the Responsible Return to Campus Phase Plan. The Plan continues to be updated as relevant local and national guidance is received
What Students Need to Know (Phase 2 & 3)
- Contact the office that you wish to make an appointment with. A list of student services contact information on all campuses is on the student online resources page. Students will be permitted on campus 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. We are limiting the time to allow for continuous campus cleaning. If you want to visit multiple offices, you will need to make multiple appointments.
- Limited campus computer available. You can make an appointment to use a computer on campus. More information about campus computers can be found here.
- Students are expected to follow all campus safety requirements.
- You will need to complete an online wellness check the day of your appointment. The office that you schedule an appointment with will provide this to you when they confirm your appointment.
When you arrive on campus, you are required to check in. For White Bridge Road, this will be at the main entrances of the S (parking lot side) or W (White Bridge side) building. For extended campuses, you will check in at the main entrance. You can show your completed wellness check (found on myNSCC). Paper copies will be available at the check in stations if you do not have a way to show wellness check email. You will receive a sticker with the date to wear while you are on campus.
You are approved for the appointment only. Students are not permitted to move freely around campus. Once your appointment is complete, you are asked to leave campus.
For everyone’s safety. All water fountains are temporarily unavailable.
Nashville State's priority is the safety of our students, faculty, and staff while carrying out our mission.
- We will follow applicable Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, state and local health guidelines.
- We will evaluate and implement health and safety measures to support the phased return.
- We will be flexible to address new situations and changes in requirements, guidelines and best practices.
If you test positive for COVID-19, or may have been exposed, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. You will receive information how to communicate with your instructors. You will not be allowed on campus until you have an approved wellness check.