Surgical Technology Technical Certificate
Work on the cutting edge.
The Surgical Technology Technical Certificate prepares you to be an instrumental member of the operating room team during surgical procedures. Build solid foundational knowledge in anatomy, medical terminology, and microbiology. Become a successful surgical technologist prepared for all major specialties in the operating room with extensive classroom time and practical clinical experience. Gain the abilities to:
- Recognize elements of good patient care and prioritize them before less important elements in the operating room.
- Behave professionally in a stressful environment with demanding personalities while remaining calm and focused.
- Accurately plan for and perform duties of a surgical technologist in the scrub role in common surgical specialties.
- Most surgical technologists work in hospital-based operating rooms.
- Surgical technologists may also work in dental and veterinary surgical settings.
- Some surgical technologists work for surgeons in a private capacity.
- Medical device manufacturers also employ surgical technologists for technical support and sales.
Learn about employment for surgical technologists, the nature of the work, job outlook, wages, related occupations and more:
General Information Meeting
If you would like to learn more about the Central Sterile Processing program or the Surgical Technology Program here at Nashville State Community College, register for one of the following General Information Meetings this fall. Each meeting will be held on Zoom and will last about one hour or less. We will answer many of the questions you have about both programs.
In addition, if you plan to apply to either program for Fall 2022, you must attend a General Information Meeting or your application will not be processed.
Select a date and time from the list below that is best for you and then click on the link to register in Zoom to attend the meeting. After you register, you will receive an email with a link for the meeting.
|October 6||Noon||Zoom Registration|
|October 6||3 PM||Zoom Registration|
|October 13||Noon||Zoom Registration|
|October 13||3 PM||Zoom Registration|
|October 27||Noon||Zoom Registration|
|October 27||3 PM||Zoom Registration|
|November 10||Noon||Zoom Registration|
|November 10||3 PM||Zoom Registration|
Gainful Employment Disclosures: Surgical Technology
If you have additional questions regarding the application, selection, and admission process for the Surgical Technology program at Nashville State Community College, please send an email to SurgTech@nscc.edu and put Surgical Technology Application and Admission in the subject line.