Surgical Technology Technical Certificate
Work on the cutting edge.
The Surgical Technology Technical Certificate prepares you to be an instrumental member of the operating room team during surgical procedures. Build solid foundational knowledge in anatomy, medical terminology, and microbiology. Become a successful surgical technologist prepared for all major specialties in the operating room with extensive classroom time and practical clinical experience. Gain the abilities to:
- Recognize elements of good patient care and prioritize them before less important elements in the operating room.
- Behave professionally in a stressful environment with demanding personalities while remaining calm and focused.
- Accurately plan for and perform duties of a surgical technologist in the scrub role in common surgical specialties.
- Most surgical technologists work in hospital-based operating rooms.
- Surgical technologists may also work in dental and veterinary surgical settings.
- Some surgical technologists work for surgeons in a private capacity.
- Medical device manufacturers also employ surgical technologists for technical support and sales.
Learn about employment for surgical technologists, the nature of the work, job outlook, wages, related occupations and more:
Gainful Employment Disclosures: Surgical Technology