Study in a digital classroom.
Online Learning offers learning experiences in which the students and instructors do not share the same physical space. These courses and programs maintain the quality of on-campus offerings, yet offer convenience and flexibility. Some courses require on-campus testing or proctored testing at a selected site.
Every semester brings new courses and exciting opportunities from Nashville State’s Online Learning program. View the latest full List of Web courses.
- NSCC Web Courses Fall 2019 (PDF)
- NSCC Web Courses Summer 2019 (PDF)
- NSCC Web Courses Spring 2019 (PDF)
Start Your Orientation Now
The Online Orientation for NSCC Web courses and TN eCampus Web courses consists of three basic sections. All online students are required to read all three sections and the appropriate orientation (NSCC Web Course orientation or TN eCampus Web Course orientation) before the start of the semester.
PART A: NSCC Web Course or TN eCampus Web Course?
Determine if you have registered for a NSCC Web Course or a TN eCampus Web Course (some students may be enrolled in both). To know which course(s) you have enrolled in, check your current course schedule:
- NSCC Online Courses all end with the suffix W01, W02, etc.
- TN eCampus Online Courses all end with the suffix R50.
PART B: Understanding the Tools of Your Web Course
Read the Online Orientation for the course(s) you are enrolled in. In the Online Orientation, you will learn how to use all of the tools of an online course. Important: Understand how all the tools work before you login to your Web course.
- Read the NSCC Online Course Orientation
- Read the TN eCampus Online Course Orientation
- In-Person Web Course Help Sessions
- Order NSCC Web Course Textbooks
- Order TN eCampus Textbooks
PART C: What to Do the First Day of the Semester
*** You cannot log in to your Web course(s) until the first day of the semester. *** The first day of the semester for Web courses is the same day as the first day of the semester for courses that meet on campus.
On the first day of the semester, begin by logging in to your Web course and sending your instructor an e-mail inside of the course:
- Click on Classlist.
- Click the Teacher tab.
- Click the check box to the left of your teacher's name.
- Click on the email icon (the envelope at the top of the list).
***TN eCampus Web Courses use a different password/pin than NSCC Web Courses.
Tests and Proctoring
While the majority of these courses can be experienced entirely online, some will require occasional testing in person.
Additional Helpful Links
- Online Learning Campus Contacts (PDF)
- SREB Electronic Campus
- Procedures for Protecting Online Learning Student Privacy (PDF)
- Web Accessibility Statement (PDF)
Shelley Gross-Gray, Director of Online Learning
Shelley.Gross-Gray@nscc.edu ~ 615-353-3259
Doug Jameson, Coordinator of Online Learning/TN eCampus Contact
Doug.Jameson@nscc.edu ~ 615-353-3461
Online Learning Office
Office Hours: M–Th 8am–5:30pm; F 8am–4:30pm
Weld Building, W-35
120 White Bridge Pike
Nashville, TN 37209