The Office of Online Learning (OOL) is committed to supporting online education at Nashville State Community College for all faculty, staff, and students interested in utilizing NS Online/D2L and supported technologies for online learning to promote collaborative, interactive, and creative learning experiences for all users. Utilizing Universal Design strategies to generate authentic learning experiences for our online learners, OOL works with faculty to develop quality online content applying foundational pedagogical theories, innovative technology, and sound instructional design principles. Our goal is to build a supportive campus network to meet the needs of our online faculty members and improve our online student learning experiences.
If you need help accessing your NS Online/D2L courses proceed to the Nashville State Web Course Login. If you need to report an account or D2L issue, please contact Help Desk Support directly or review our Student Online Resources. Need help accessing your NS Online course? Consider reviewing our Online Learning Student Orientation. Order your textbooks at the Bookstore or look at the Academic Calendar for upcoming dates or deadlines.
NS Online vs TN eCampus
As a Nashville State student, you have two convenient options for online learning so be aware of the different ways you may need to access your online courses.
Nashville State Online Classes (NS Online/D2L)
- Section Numbers: Begin with "W"; for example, NSCC-1010-W01
- Tuition and Fees: Typically less expensive than TN eCampus classes. (Other fees may apply). Visit the Tuition Costs page for more information.
- Refund and Withdrawl Deadlines: Visit the Academic Calendar for more details.
- Classes: Taught by Nashville State instructors; courses are available the morning of the first day of class.
- Textbooks: Visit the Bookstore to determine which textbooks and resources are needed.
- Login and Access: Visit the NS Online/D2L Login page to access online courses. Use your A# and password to log in.
- Need Help? For program offerings visit the Degrees & Certificates page or contact our Student Services Specialist Sarah Arthur at Sarah.Arthur@nscc.edu. For NS Online tech support please contact the Help Desk or email HelpDesk@nscc.edu.
TN eCampus Classes:
- Section Numbers: Section numbers begin with "R". For example, ENGL-1010-R50.
- Tuition and Fees: Typically have an additional per credit hour fee (other fees may apply). Visit the TN eCampus Tuition and Fees page.
- Refund and Withdrawl Deadlines: Review the TN eCampus Academic Calendar.
- Classes: Taught by instructors at universities and colleges across the state, including Nashville State.
- Textbooks: Visit the TN eCampus Virtual Bookstore to determine which textbooks and resources are needed.
- Login and Access: Visit the TN eCampus Student Portal and use your unique TN eCampus credentials. These are not your NS Online credentials.
- Attendance Reporting: TN eCampus attendance is reported via the automated Student Participation Survey. You must complete a survey for each TN eCampus course.
- Need Help? For student support contact, Faye Jones via email at Faye.Jones@nscc.edu. For TN eCampus Tech Support, call 866-895-8429 or TNeCampus-support@D2L.com.
TN eCampus Students
Through TN eCampus you can choose to enroll at any institution in the TN eCampus partnership to help supplement courses not available at Nashville State Community College to meet your degree requirements. Credits earned in TN eCampus courses are included as part of your overall Nashville State degree requirements and are no different than any other degree awarded by Nashville State. You may take a combination of classes at Nashville State and TN eCampus or get your whole degree 100% online. Accessing TN eCampus courses does require a separate login so utilize the information listed below.
- For TN eCampus courses (sections ending with R01, R25, R35, R50, or R80) please visit the TN eCampus Login page. TN eCampus web courses use a different login/pin than Nashville State courses.
- For TN eCampus help please visit the TN eCampus Student Resources page.
- TN eCampus Orientation.
- TN eCampus Help Desk.
- TN eCampus Student Knowledge Books (general information and frequently asked questions for students).
- TN eCampus Student Liasion at Nashville State.
- TN eCampus Academic Calendar (this can differ from Nashville State's academic calendar).
Interested in Attending Nashville State Community College?
- Interested in our online programs? Please feel free to review our Degrees & Certificates to choose the right career path for you.
- Looking to see if a specific class is available online? Review the Dynamic Schedule.
- To speak to someone about attending Nashville State, please contact Admissions and feel free to use the Nashville State Chatbot.
- To review cost, grants, or scholarship information please contact the Financial Aid & Tuition Office.
If you are a Nashville State instructor seeking online support for NS Online/D2L courses or need assistance with using lecture capture, video conferencing, accessibility issues, or just want to discuss strategies for delivering online courses, please contact the support team at the Office of Online Learning. For additional information for faculty and student support for online learning, please visit our OOL Resources.
Utilize the Campus Contact Information for quick links or review the information above to help in your search.