Student Online Resources
What Students Need to Know
Students with general, non-academic questions and concerns about COVID-19, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nashville State Contacts
- Chat Box
- Text (Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm): 615-505-1723
- Sign up online for a phone appointment with an Admissions Specialist
- Text (Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm): 615-492-6222
- Schedule phone appointment
- Schedule a face-to-face appointment (White Bridge Road campus only)
- Financial Aid COVID-19 FAQ
- Bridge to Success Scholarship
- 615-353-3240 for questions
- Schedule an appointment to talk with Records staff
- Make appointments by calling 615-353-3248 or through College Central
- Text 615-502-5602
Learning Center/ Writing Center - Online Tutor Chat
Students with questions or in need of writing assistance are encouraged to get in touch with The Learning Center. We are here to help.
- Monday, May 26 to Friday, July 31
- 8 a.m. – Noon and 2 – 6 p.m.
Five free sessions via telephone teletherapy or video ("Virtual Visits") for current students through Agape Counseling. Request an appointment by calling 615-781-3000 and identifying yourself as a Nashville State student.
Bursar (Student Accounts)
615-353-3310 (leave a voicemail if no one answers)
There is no need to leave a voicemail and email, as both are checked regularly.
Beginning in Phase 2, students taking summer courses will be able to book an appointment to use a computer for classwork. The following offices have computers students can use. Please contact the location where you would like to book an appointment. Appointments are available at 8:30, 11:00, and 1:30 Monday-Thursday.
- Clarksville: 931-472-3556: Email Reginald.Mclain@nscc.edu for an appointment
- Dickson: 615-740-5998
- Humphreys County: Email Bryan.Trout@nscc.edu for an appointment
- Southeast: 615-780-2760
- White Bridge Road
White Bridge Road Offices Taking Face-to-Face Appointments
- Testing Center
- Student Success Center: Students should contact their advisor directly
All other student services are offering appointments remotely.
Extended Campus Contact/Scheduling Information
Additional Student Resources
- Access to Internet and Technology
- Free TI-84 Download - A 90-day trial will get you through the semester.
- Chrome Accessibility Extensions
- Free Screen Reader Download
- Metro Action Commission Community Programs (rent, mortgage, and utility payment assistance)
- Federal Government Stimulus Check Tracking
- Student Resources for NS Online and Zoom