Academic Freedom & Responsibility
Policy 5:02:03:30 Academic Freedom and Responsibility applies to all faculty members at Nashville State Community College. This policy specifically addresses faculty members’:
- Classroom freedom to discuss their subject matter;
- Freedom in research and publication;
- Freedom from institutional discipline when speaking or writing as a citizen, rather than as a representative of the college;
- Responsibility to carry out assigned duties in accordance with professional standards;
- Obligation to take appropriate professional action against faculty members who are derelict in discharging their professional responsibilities.
The TBR policy can be found at www.tbr.edu.