Student Travel Policy
Faculty and Staff Handbook Appendix 5: Student Travel Policy
This policy is established for student organizations, groups and the Student Government Association of Nashville State Community College who periodically travel to conferences, activities or meeting. Travel for all student groups or individual student/s shall be subject to Tennessee Board of Regents General Travel Policies and Procedures (No. 4:03:03:00) and Institutional Policies outlined in the Faculty and Staff Handbook (F-10-24). In addition, students will follow these Institutional guidelines:
- All in-state travel must be recommended and approved by the faculty advisor and the Assistant to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs. (Request for Travel Approval Form must be used.)
Out-of-state travel must be recommended and approved by the faculty advisor, the Assistant to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs and the President of the Institute. (Request for Travel Approval Form must be used.)
- All individuals traveling must sign a Hold Harmless Agreement which must be submitted with the Approval for Travel Form. If the student is under the age of 18 years, the signature of parent or legal guardian is required. No student will be allowed to travel without first signing a Hold Harmless Agreement.
Student organization leaders will meet with the Assistant to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs to discuss liability issues, waivers and releases prior to any authorized travel.
- A roster of all individuals traveling on any student trip must be submitted to the Assistant to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs prior to traveling.
- Written itineraries must be filed with the Assistant to the Vice-President for Academic Affairs prior to traveling.
- In all cases, student organization and group transportation will be arranged through established institutional procedures, and whenever possible groups will travel together. Any exceptions must be approved prior to travel.
- Receipts are required for all student organization or group travel expenses consistent with the TBR Policy No. 4:03:03:00. (Expenses must be filed on a Claim for Travel Expenses Form.)
- Individual meals associated with student organization or group travel will follow the TBR Travel Policies and Procedures.
- Travel advances may not be made to student organizations, groups or the Student Government Association. Individuals will be reimbursed for actual expenses upon proper submission of a claim for travel expenses.
- Student Organization and Student Government Association faculty advisors are strongly encouraged to accompany student groups when they are required to travel.
- Any unauthorized travel by student groups or individual student/s will not be reimbursed.