Summer 2020 Class Registration and Resources
News Announcement: Nashville State 2020 Summer Classes Will Be Online
Bridge to Success Scholarship
This scholarship is for the use of uncovered charges for Summer 2020 ONLY, which may include tuition/fees (including eCampus fees) and textbooks. This scholarship will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis and there are limited funds available. The maximum amount for this award is $500. The criteria:
- Completed the 2019-2020 FAFSA
- Enrolled at Nashville State in Spring 2020
- Currently enrolled at Nashville State for BOTH Summer 2020 and Fall 2020
- Has uncovered charges for Summer 2020
Notice: The awarding of the funds will not result in a credit to the student. Funds will not be awarded if it will cause an over-award on student's financial aid account.
2020 Summer classes are all online and are open to:
- All current students
- New students
- Summer college students looking to pick up transferable classes
- Potential non-traditional students who want to earn technical certificates in high-demand, steady careers
Summer courses are being held online using two different methods:
- Online only, using NS Online/D2L (classes can be accessed on your timeframe)
- Live, via Zoom (classes meet at set date/time, live-streamed)
In addition to summer, you can also register for fall classes as well. As of now, fall classes are scheduled for on-ground delivery, unless already scheduled to be online or hybrid.
- Summer and Fall 2020 Registration Checklist
- Transient Student Approval Request Form (A student who is currently pursuing a degree at another institution and planning to enroll at Nashville State to take classes toward their degree)
- New Student Orientation
- Summer advising for new students:
- Financial Aid:
- TN eCampus classes are online (additional fees may apply)
- Digital Course Materials: Nashville State offers a convenient and affordable program that delivers the required materials for your course in digital format on the first day of class via NS Online. To ensure the lowest cost for students, the courses participating include a course materials fee automatically applied to your student account.
- Ordering Textbooks Online
TN Promise Update
Due to COVID-19, currently enrolled TN Promise college students may now attend summer session on a part-time basis. Please consider the following:
- Enrollment in any number of hours for summer 2020 will count as one of a student's potential 5 semesters of TN Promise eligibility.
- Students must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA to retain TN Promise eligibility. GPA will be captured at the end of the academic year which includes summer if a student chooses to enroll.
- This does not apply to the high school graduating class of 2020.
- Email or text Financial Aid if you have questions.
- Text (Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm): 615-492-6222
How to Pay - During Summer Semester
- Credit/Debit Card or Electronic Check (checking/saving) – Pay online through myNSCC. Download Online Payment Instructions PDF.
- Cash – Student who do not have access to pay online via Credit/Debit card or Electronic Check may pay with cash by appointment only. Make an appointment firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 615-353-3310. Bursar’s Office will schedule appointments Monday through Wednesday starting at 10:00.