Nashville State COVID-19 Response Information
January 28, 2021
As a reminder, faculty, staff, students, and guests MUST wear a mask when on campus. If you are not feeling well, please stay home. If you are a student and are not feeling well, please reach out to your instructor, who will work with you.
Nashville State Community College Safe Community Pledge
The College believes strongly in the concept of education as a method for encouraging and maintaining a supportive and safe community. Each student, faculty, and staff member play an integral part in supporting core principles to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. While the institution can do its part in minimizing risk on campus, everyone must do their part to support efforts to minimize exposure and spread to peers and colleagues. By engaging in the on-campus community of the institution, you recognize all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Students, faculty, and staff can help keep our community healthy by being mindful of their actions and following the institutional/public health and safety protocols. As such, we ask each individual to pledge to take responsibility for your own health and help stop the spread of the COVID-19 by agreeing to the following pledge:
I understand I have a part to play in the fight against COVID-19 and commit to being a responsible member of the campus community. I pledge to uphold the Nashville State Community College Safe Community Pledge every day by demonstrating personal integrity, respecting others, and supporting my college and local community by:
- Following institutional/public health guidelines designed to protect myself and others
- Limiting the size of gatherings in social situations in accordance with public health guidelines
- Maintaining social distancing
- Protecting myself and others in areas of campus and where distancing isn’t possible
- Washing my hands frequently
- Staying home if sick or if I have symptoms of COVID-19
- Reporting to school officials if I have tested positive for COVID-19
- Wearing an appropriate face mask and other protective equipment as directed by the college
- Looking out for others and encourage their faithful commitment to the pledge
To learn more about Nashville State’s response to COVID-19, visit nscc.edu/corona.