NSCC Adjusting Deadlines
Nashville State Adjusting Deadlines to Accommodate Students Due to Weather
NASHVILLE, Tenn. January 18, 2018 – Due to the weather and subsequent snow days disrupting the beginning of the Spring 2018 semester, Nashville State announced today a number of additional steps to help students apply to the college and enroll in Spring 2018 courses. Current and prospective students are encouraged to carefully review the information below and make every effort to take advantage of what Nashville State has to offer.
- Degree-seeking students are being admitted through the end of the day tomorrow (Friday, 1/19/2018). Degree-seeking students will need to bring originals of all the documents needed to become fully admitted (e.g., transcripts, etc.).
- Non-degree-seeking students are being admitted through next Friday (1/26/2018). Students may enroll in TN eCampus courses through next Friday (1/26/2018).
- Students who enroll today, Thursday, 1/18/2018, and tomorrow, Friday, 1/19/2018, will have until this Monday, 1/22/2018, to pay. Beginning on Monday, you will need to pay at the time of registration.
- The deadline for enrolling in a payment plan is being extended until Thursday, 1/25/2018, and the deadline to apply for a financial aid deferral is being extended until next Friday, 1/26/2018.
- All offices on the main campus at 120 White Bridge Road and the Southeast Campus in Antioch that directly serve students’ college entry and registration will stay open until 6pm tonight (Thursday) and until 7pm tomorrow (Friday) and Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday next week.
- The satellite campuses In Waverly/Humphreys County and Dickson/Renaissance Center will stay open through 5pm on Friday, 1/19/2018 (tomorrow).
- The Admissions Department and the Library will be open this Saturday, 1/20/2018, during its regular hours of 9am–2pm. The Testing Center will also be open during the same time frame, and will accept students on a walk-in basis (no appointments needed, but students are advised to go as early in the day as possible).
- The Southeast Campus will be open on Saturday, 1/20/2018, as well, from 7am–3pm, and will provide full service to students.
- The Bookstore is going to have extended hours until 7pm on Thursday and Friday (today & tomorrow), and will be open 10am–4pm on Saturday (1/20/2018).
- The college is scheduling additional New Student Orientations and additional orientations for distance learning/D2L (our learning management system).
Please visit the NSCC website for more information www.nscc.edu.
For more information contact:
Lauren Bell, Executive Director
Nashville State Community College Foundation and Public Affairs
120 White Bridge Road ~ Nashville, TN 37209
Nashville State Community College is a two-year institution, serving Davidson, Cheatham, Dickson, Houston, Humphreys, Montgomery, and Stewart Counties. Our mission is to provide comprehensive educational programs and partnerships, exemplary services, an accessible, progressive learning environment, and responsible leadership to improve the quality of life for the community it serves. Nashville State Community College is a TBR institution and complies with nondiscrimination laws: TItle VI, Title IX-Section 504 and the ADA. For more information, please visit www.nscc.edu.