Leadership Nashville program announces its 44th class
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (June 19, 2019) – from the Tennessean
Leadership Nashville announced its 44th class, with leaders from education, health care and law enforcement taking part.
For more than 40 years, Leadership Nashville has organized an intensive program that assists community decision-makers. Over nine months, participants learn about pressing issues affecting their community and gain an in-depth understanding of the nature of those problems.
The nonpartisan group refrains from taking positions on issues nor does it endorse political candidates.
"We do not attempt to pass out solutions," Leadership Nashville Executive Director Evette White said in a news release. "In fact, our participants are so diverse that they would never agree with each other. Instead, we expose them to various viewpoints on each issue."
White said that by expanding the perspectives of Nashville's leaders, they hope to strengthen the city.
Participants include CEOs, scientists, lawyers and The Tennessean's editor, Michael A. Anastasi. Members of this year's class were chosen out of nearly 300 applicants.
Meetings will begin in September. Here are all the members of this year's Leadership Nashville class:
The Leadership Nashville Class of 2020
- Michael A. Anastasi, Editor and Vice President, The Tennessean
- Corinne Bergeron, Program Officer, The Frist Foundation
- Victor D. Berrios, President & CEO, Titan Franchising/Jani-King of Nashville
- Donald W. Brady, MD, Senior Vice President for Educational Affairs, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Aoife B. Burke, Market Executive, Bank of America
- James H. Cheek III, Partner, Bass Berry & Sims
- Travis Claybrooks, CEO, Raphah Institute
- Stephanie P. Coleman, Chief Growth Officer, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Aaron J. Dorn, Chairman, President and CEO, Studio Bank
- Nick E. Dryden, Principal/Architect, DAAD
- Dan E. Dummermuth, President & CEO, YMCA of Middle Tennessee
- Mark Dunkerley, Owner, Jubilee Craft Beer, and Chief Strategy Officer, Oasis Center
- Jim Gingrich, Chief Operating Officer, AllianceBernstein
- J. Nathan Green, Vice Chancellor for Government & Community Relations, Vanderbilt University
- Joe Hall, Founder/President, Hall Strategies
- Shanna L. Jackson, EdD, President, Nashville State Community College
- Martesha L. Johnson, Chief Public Defender, Metro Nashville Public Defender’s Office
- Howard J. Kittell, President & CEO, The Hermitage and Andrew Jackson Foundation
- Pamela R. Koban, Community Volunteer
- Michael Anthony Lewis, Managing Partner/CFO, Transfare Inc.
- Sameera Naifeh Lowe, Owner, Loud & Clear Communications, and Executive Director, Entrepreneurs Organization Nashville
- Veronica T. Mallett, MD, Senior Vice President for Health Affairs and Dean, School of Medicine, Meharry Medical College
- Dennie R. Marshall, Vice President, Mortgage Production Manager, Regions Mortgage
- Anne C. Martin, Chancellor, Davidson County Chancery Court, Part II
- Sabina Z. Mohyddin, Program Manager, American Muslim Advisory Council
- Perry Moulds, Vice President for Development & External Relations, Belmont University
- Deepa Patel, Managing Director, Hermitage Hotel
- Susan E. Pogue, Staff Scientist, ERM & President, Nashville Junior Chamber of Commerce
- David B. Rausch, Director, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation
- Deborah M. Reiner, Senior Vice President of Marketing & Corporate Affairs, HCA
- Emily J. Reynolds, Corporate Board Director
- Gabe Roberts, Director, TennCare
- M. Benjamin Russ, Criminal Defense Attorney
- Dana M. Sanders, Principal Accounting Officer, Pinnacle Bank
- Amy F. Smartt, Senior Vice President of Finance & Administration, Country Music Association
- Ronald C. Snitker, Executive Director, Business Development, Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis
- Stuart D. Spears, Senior Vice President/Chief Revenue Officer, Tennessee Titans
- Frank D. Stevenson, Associate Vice President, Tennessee State University, and Senior Pastor, Friendship Baptist Church
- Sonia Stewart, EdD, Executive Officer of Organizational Development, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Shannon Sullivan, Vice President of Corporate & Brand Communications, Ryman Hospitality Properties
- Caroline C. Vincent, Executive Director, Metro Nashville Arts Commission
- Cynthia Whitfield-Story, Senior Vice President, Allstate Insurance Co.
- Brian L. Williams, Senior Vice President, SunTrust Bank
- Sarah C. Woodall, President-Elect, Junior League of Nashville