Change your college.
Students at another college or university may transfer to Nashville State Community College to earn a degree. To apply, follow the steps on this page.
Steps to Transfer to NSCC
- Submit an NSCC application.
Summer and Fall 2023 applications are open now.
- Send your official high school transcript and official transcripts for all colleges attended previously.
Request that your high school forwards an official transcript to our Office of Admissions. If you have a GED, request that a reporting institution sends a copy directly to our Office of Admissions. Download Transcript Request Form.
We do not automatically award credit from international colleges. However, if you feel the course content is equivalent to a course taught at the same level at NSCC, you may submit an educational credential evaluation and course descriptions.
Upon receipt of the educational credential evaluation, the Records Office will distribute your request to the academic division for evaluation. If your coursework is approved by the academic division, you will be awarded transfer for credit of the approved course(s).
- Obtain Certificate of Immunization.
To get this certificate, submit the following medical documents to the Office of Admissions:
Download Immunization Form (PDF)
Official copies of State Health Department or military immunization forms will be accepted in lieu of the certificate.
- Take the placement assessment.
Transfer applicants with college-level English and Math with a grade of “D” or better will be exempt from the placement assessment.
Applicants may submit ACT or SAT scores if the scores are no more than five years old.
- Provide proof of United States citizenship or lawful presence.
See acceptable documentation.
All transcripts must be official and sent to NSCC directly from your previous institution. Official transcripts can be sent to NSCC in one of three ways:
- E-Transcript Service: National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment, using firstname.lastname@example.org as the receiving account.
- Mailed by the previous school:
NSCC Office of Admission
120 White Bridge Pike
Nashville, TN 37209
- Delivered in person by the student in an envelope sealed by the records office. If the envelope is opened, the transcript will not be accepted.
Proof of Competency
Transfer students will have their transcripts evaluated for proof of competency in the areas of reading, writing and mathematics. Applicants lacking college-level work in these areas will be required to undergo assessment and enroll in college prep courses. College prep course work taken at other TBR institutions will be posted to your record and be considered in the number of attempted hours, but will not count as hours earned toward the program of study.
If you do not meet the admissions standards of Nashville State Community College or your last term of enrollment resulted in academic suspension, you can still be admitted on academic probation. This may require you to undergo a placement assessment and placed in required courses.
Academic Review Committee
You must meet with the Dean of Students to begin the academic review process if:
- Your last term of attendance at NSCC resulted in academic suspension.
- You are currently serving a suspension at another institution.
If the Academic Review Committee recommends admission, you will be required to take the placement assessment.