Change your college.

Students at another college or university may transfer to Nashville State Community College to earn a degree. To apply, follow the steps on this page.

Address to Send Documents

NSCC Office of Admission
120 White Bridge Pike
Nashville, TN 37209

Steps to Transfer to NSCC

  1. Submit an NSCC application.
    Get the online application
    Submit the Application in Person
  2. Send your official high school transcript and official transcripts for all colleges attended previously.
    Request that your high school forwards an official transcript to our Office of Admissions. If you have a GED, request that a reporting institution sends a copy directly to our Office of Admissions. Download Transcript Request Form
  3. Obtain Certificate of Immunization.
    To get this certificate, submit the following medical documents to the Office of Admissions:
    Download Immunization Form (PDF)

    Official copies of State Health Department or military immunization forms will be accepted in lieu of the certificate.
  4. Send us your Official ACT Report.
    The ACT scores on your official high school transcripts are acceptable, as are SAT scores.

    Request your report from American College Testing Program

    If you are 21 years of age or older, you are not required to submit an ACT Report.
  5. Take the placement assessment.
    Transfer applicants with college-level English and Math with a grade of “D” or better will be exempt from the placement assessment.
  6. Provide proof of United States citizenship or lawful presence.
    See acceptable documentation.

Proof of Competency

Transfer students will have their transcripts evaluated for proof of competency in the areas of reading, writing and mathematics. Applicants lacking college-level work in these areas will be required to undergo assessment and enroll in college prep courses. College prep course work taken at other TBR institutions will be posted to your record and be considered in the number of attempted hours, but will not count as hours earned toward the program of study.

Academic Probation

If you do not meet the admissions standards of Nashville State Community College or your last term of enrollment resulted in academic suspension, you can still be admitted on academic probation. This may require you to undergo a placement assessment and placed in required courses.

Academic Review Committee

You must meet with the Dean of Students to begin the academic review process if:

  • Your last term of attendance at NSCC resulted in academic suspension.
  • You are currently serving a suspension at another institution.

If the Academic Review Committee recommends admission, you will be required to take the placement assessment.