Better Together – Nashville State & Metro Nashville Public Schools
Better Together is a joint venture launched in early 2020 by Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) and Nashville State Community College (NSCC), to help MNPS graduates prepare for, attend, and complete college.
The overarching goals for the joint venture are to expand college access, boost college persistence and completion, and significantly improve student outcomes for both systems – with a particular focus on closing all achievement, equity, and opportunity gaps to expand student opportunities and to build our regional workforce.
With the support of the Mayor's Office, Metro Council, and community partners, Nashville GRAD aims to remove the non-academic barriers to college retention and completion. The Nashville GRAD program offers Nashville State students direct financial assistance and wraparound supports, including money for textbooks and transportation, a laptop computer, and direct advising and career development support.
Dual Enrollment offers MNPS students college-level academics, early college credit, and a potential industry credential. This early college experience also helps demystify college to help increase enrollment and retention.
For information, please email HighSchoolPrograms@nscc.edu, or contact your high school guidance counselor.
Tutoring is available to Nashville State students through the Learning Resource Center as part of the student support services.
To boost preparedness for college by providing free tutoring from college students who are eager to share their knowledge and insight.
To help students in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade with reading and 8th and 9th graders with math quickly recover and succeed, we are launching a new high-impact tutoring program called Accelerating Scholars. The best way for students to get connected with a tutor is by signing up at brightpathtutors.org and then clicking "find me a tutor!"
- August 11, 2022: 45 Educators Earn ACUE Certification
- October 4, 2021: Early College at Whites Creek High School
- August 9, 2021: Amazon Doubles Down on Nashville GRAD Program
- July 7, 2021: Nashville GRAD Program Available to Davidson County Residents
- May 24, 2021: Nashville GRAD Impact on Student Success
- March 26, 2021: Nashville GRAD Wins TBR SOAR 2021 Partnership Award
- January 6, 2021: Amazon Contributes to Nashville GRAD Program
- February 27, 2020: Metro Schools and Nashville State – Better Together