NSCC SACSCOC Accreditation
Nashville State Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097, telephone 404-679-4500, at www.sacscoc.org for questions about the accreditation of Nashville State Community College.
The following business degrees at Nashville State Community College are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP), 11520 West 119th Street, Overland Park, Kansas 66213; Telephone 913-339-9356: A.A.S. in Accounting, A.A.S. in Administrative Professional Technology, A.A.S. in Business, and A.A.S. in Healthcare Management.
The Culinary Arts A.A.S. degree program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the American Culinary Federation Education Foundation.
Early Childhood Education
The Early Childhood Education A.A.S. degree program is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC).
Engineering Technology Programs
The Architectural, Civil, and Construction Engineering Technology and the Electrical Engineering Technology programs are accredited by the Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering (ATMAE).
The Nashville State Community College Nursing Program has full approval status by the Tennessee Board of Nursing. The Board of Commissioners of the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN, formerly the NLNAC) has granted the Nashville State Community College Nursing Program initial accreditation. The next scheduled accreditation site visit will be in Spring 2018.
Occupational Therapy Assistant Program
The Occupational Therapy Assistant Program is accredited by ACOTE, c/o Accreditation Department, American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA), 4720 Montgomery Lane, Suite 200 • Bethesda, MD 20814-3449; Phone: 301-652-2682, Fax: 301-652-7711, TDD: 800-377-8555, Email: email@example.com, Website: www.aota.org. Direct link to information about for the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education: www.aota.org/Education-Careers/Accreditation.aspx
The Nashville State Community College Paralegal Studies program is approved by the American Bar Association, Standing Committee on Paralegals (Approval Commission).
The Surgical Technology Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
Nashville State holds membership in additional professional organizations, including:
- American Association for Paralegal Education (AAfPE)
- American Association of Community Colleges
- Clarksville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Dickson County Chamber of Commerce
- Humphreys County Chamber of Commerce
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Nashville Technology Council
- National Academic Advising Association
- National Association of College & University Business Officers
- National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- National College Testing Association (NCTA)
- Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges with Associate Degrees
- Southern Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Tennessee Association of Colleges and Employers
- Tennessee Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers
- Tennessee Association of Higher Education and Disability
- Tennessee Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
This list is subject to change at any time prior to or during an academic term.