Better Together is a joint venture launched in early 2020 by Metro Nashville Public Schools (MNPS) and Nashville State Community College (NSCC), to help MNPS graduates prepare for, attend, and complete college.
Expanded College Access
- Increase the number of MNPS students enrolling in college.
- Increase the number of MNPS students applying to and enrolling at NSCC.
- Increase the number of MNPS students maintaining Tennessee Promise eligibility and completing FAFSA.
- Decrease the number of MNPS graduates needing remedial courses.
Boost College Persistence & Completion
- Increase the retention of first-time, full-time students at NSCC - and decrease the retention gap between students of color and white students.
- Decrease the number of first-time, full-time NSCC students not earning credit hours during the first semester - and decrease the gap between students of color and white students.
- Increase the number of MNPS students obtaining a credential or degree.
"When it comes to student success and workforce development, we see MNPS and Nashville State as one institution with one purpose. Our MNPS graduates attend Nashville State more than any other college. Our institutions must be united in helping all of them succeed. "
Key Initiatives to Date
Expanded Dual Enrollment
Dual Enrollment at NSCC
Shared Data Dashboard & Goal Setting
Targeted Student Support & Interventions
BrightPath Tutoring & Mentoring
NSCC Learning Center
Student Summer Success Course
"By working together, we are creating a longer runway for students to build the skills and confidence they need to attend and complete college, which is still the strongest ladder to greater economic and social mobility and success."