NSCC English Language Placement Test
Are you a new student and your first/home language is not English?
You need to take the NSCC English Language Placement Test before you can take classes.
All NEW students who do not have English as their first/home language MUST take the NSCC English Language Placement Test before registering for classes. The test is FREE to students. It is designed to evaluate the English proficiency of non-native English speakers.
What is the NSCC English Language Placement Test?
This is a test for non-native English speakers. It is a FREE English placement test.
How long is the NSCC English Language Placement Test?
It is 2 hours long. Be prepared to stay for the entire 2 hours.
What is on the test?
There are five sections:
- Speaking – two short recorded messages
- Listening – three listening multiple choice
- Reading & vocabulary
How can I prepare for the test?
Click on the link to take a practice test. You will need to download the Lockdown Browser first before you begin the practice test.
Where can I take the test?
Tests are by appointment. Tests are in-person at the White Bridge campus in Nashville and the Southeast campus in Antioch.
You must have the following to take the NSCC English Language Placement Test.
- Photo ID (with your name and picture)
- NSCC Student A#
Important things you must do BEFORE taking the test:
- Submit your NSCC application for admission.
- Submit all required documents for admission.
Things to do on the day of the NSCC English Language Placement Test:
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Bring a photo ID and your student ID number. You get your student ID (A#) when you submit your application for admission.
- Be prepared to stay in the testing room for 2 ½ hours.
NSCC English Language Placement Test Dates
The NSCC English Language Placement Test is now available for fall students.
- Click on the link: https://www2.registerblast.com/nsccesltesting/Exam/List
- Choose a test location.
- Select a day and time for your English Language Placement Test.
All required documents for admission must be processed before you can take the test.
Contact Wendy Dierberger, ESL Coordinator
Office Hours: 8:00am–4:30pm
Nashville Campus Mon, Wed, Fri: Office K-108J
Kisber Building; 615-353-3380
Southeast Campus Tues, Thurs: Room 1502