We know that completing college can be a tough task, especially for students who already work hard to cope with many responsibilities while earning their degrees or technical certificate. And we want to help.
The Nashville Flex program provides eligible students with financial and academic support while pursuing a part-time education at Nashville State. We will give you the support you need to complete your degree or certificate.
What You'll Get
- $150/semester to reduce (or eliminate) costs with textbooks
- $100 monthly support paid in two $50 installments (for gas a groceries)
- Access to check out a new laptop to help with coursework
- Special class scheduling, allows you to create a schedule that fits your availability
- Dedicated career development support services
- Advisor support and personalized guidance to help you succeed at Nashville State
- The chance to build and strong network by taking classes with other Nashville Flex students
Students using Tennessee Promise or Tennessee Reconnect are eligible for Nashville Flex.
- Enroll part-time (at least six credit hours) at Nashville State Community College in an Associate Degree or Technical Certificate program
- Reside full-time in Davidson County one year prior to completing FAFSA
- Not have previously earned an associate's or baccalaureate degree, and have less than 15 credits prior to applying to the program
How to Join
The Nashville GRAD application deadline for Fall 2022 is August 12, 2022.
- Be fully admitted to Nashville State
- Complete FAFSA
- Attend New Student Orientation
- Meet with a Student Success Advisor
- Fill out Nashville Flex Application. Please use your A# and password to log in (same information to login to your myNSCC account). Once reviewed, a Student Success Advisor will contact you regarding eligibility and next steps.
To maintain eligibility, students must:
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA
- Complete the FAFSA each year
- Participate in Nashville Flex's academic and personal success initiatives