Internships & Cooperative Education
Gain work experience.
Cooperative education (Co-op) and internship programs are structured to give you the opportunity to gain work experience in careers related to your academic major and/or vocation choice.
Go to Forms and Information if you are a co-op student or employer seeking co-op forms.
Participate and benefit.
- Gain valuable work experience while completing your degree.
- Earn academic credit towards your degree.
- Develop a professional network.
- Become more marketable to employers.
Participating employers benefit.
- Reduce recruitment and training costs.
- Select, observe, and evaluate student on-the-job performance for potential permanent employment.
- Eliminate/reduce time needed to train new graduates.
- Enjoy the higher retention rate of co-op students who become permanent employees.
Companies (current and past) providing co-op and internship opportunities for Nashville State students include:
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Belle Meade Dermatology
- Bloodwork Motorcycles
- Change Healthcare (formerly Emdeon Inc.)
- Delirium Wine & Spirits
- Earl Swensson Associates, Inc.
- EFC Systems, Inc.
- Ingram Barge Company
- State of Tennessee
- Warner Music Group
Co-op Forms and Information
- Co-op Application Form
- Co-op Guidelines for Employers
- Co-op Learning Agreement
- Co-op Reflection Paper Guidelines
- Co-op Suspension Appeal
- Employers Co-op Student Evaluation Form
- Mid-term Evaluation - Student
- Mid-term Evaluation - Supervisor
Contact the Career Services Office to learn more about this program at 615-353-3248 or firstname.lastname@example.org.