Environmental Health and Safety
Ensuring health and safety for everyone.
The mission of Environmental Health and is to provide a safe college campus for everyone.
Training programs are utilized to help reduce the number of accidents to college employees, students, and visitors. Through training, employees becomes aware of potential hazards or conditions and the actions that should be taken to prevent an accident.
Suite E-16 on the Nashville Campus
Hazard Communication Program
- Hazard Communication and the Tennessee Right-to-Know Law
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- Understanding National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Labeling
General Safety Training
Applicable to all employees and begins with the safety orientation for all new employees.
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Blood Borne Exposure Control Plan
- Ergonomics/Back Safety
- Fire Extinguisher Training
- Hazardous Chemical Training
- Hazard Communication Program
- Hazardous Chemical Standard Operating Procedures
- Personal Protective Equipment
Job Specific Training
Tailored for employees exposed to potentially hazardous conditions as a result of their particular job.
- Confined Spaces
- Control of Hazardous Energy Program
- Forklift Operating
- Hand and Power Tool Safety
- Ladder Safety
- OSHA Forklift Training
- Safety Glasses, Chemical Splash Goggles and Face Shields
- EPA Environmental Protection Agency
- OSHA U.S. Safety & Health Administration
- TOSHA Tennessee Occupational Safety & Health Administration