Testing Center Proctoring Services - Accuplacer
Accuplacer placement testing is provided to students that have an application on file and that Admissions requires to take the test.
Get ready for your Accuplacer test: Download free practice app.
Updated Accuplacer Placement Exam Information
Are you ready to take your placement exam at Nashville State? On-campus testing is now available.
Options for Spring 2021 remain available to enable you to move forward and register for classes without placement testing.
- Students are not required to take a placement exam. You can elect not to test and simply register for learning support courses if you do not have prior test scores or college credits that place you at college level.
- Students may register directly for college courses with a high school GPA of 3.6 on a 4 point scale within the last 5 years without taking a placement exam (Spring 2021).
- Students may choose to take the placement exam, if so:
- Currently, the exam is being offered remotely by Examity, an online proctoring service. If you prefer to take the test remotely, Examity's online proctoring service fee is $25. For more information on testing remotely with Examity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students must schedule an appointment to take the test on any campus at NSCC.edu/testing-center.
Appointments are required for testing on all Nashville State Community College Campuses.
Learn more about the college's Responsible Return to Campus plan.
Testing with Accommodations
Students who require accommodated testing are required to make appointments in advance with the Access Center. For testing with accommodations: schedule testing appointment online or call 615-353-3721.
ESL students take the Accuplacer test in Math only. ESL students are required to have permission to take the test from ESL Coordinator Wendy Dierberger, 615-353-3380, or from Admissions, 615-353-3215.