Testing Center Proctoring Services - Accuplacer
Accuplacer placement testing is provided to students that have an application on file and that Admissions requires to take the test. Find Accuplacer test info here. Get ready for your Accuplacer test: Download free practice app.
Updated Accuplacer Placement Exam Information
Are you ready to take your placement exam at Nashville State? On-campus testing is available with limited appointments.
Options for Fall 2020 remain available to enable you to move forward and register for classes without placement testing.
- Students are not required to take a placement exam. You can elect not to test and simply register for learning support courses if you do not have prior test scores or college credits that place you at college-level.
- Students may choose to take the placement exam. Currently the exam is being offered remotely by Examity, an online proctoring service. If you prefer to take the test remotely, Examity's online proctoring service fee is $25.
- For more information on testing remotely with Examity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Students may register directly for college courses with a high school GPA of 3.6 on a 4 point scale within the last 5 years without taking a placement exam. (Summer and Fall 2020 only)
- Students may schedule an appointment to take the test (information below).
Appointments are required for testing on all Nashville State Community College Campuses.
Learn more about the college's Responsible Return to Campus plan.
Testing with Accommodations
Students who require accommodated testing are required to make appointments in advance with the Access Center. For testing with accommodations: schedule testing appointment online or call 615-353-3721.
Remote testing option from home - Important information about testing with Examity®
Examity® is a service that will provide a live online proctor for the at home testing experience.
- Cost: $25 payable online when scheduling your appointment with Examity®.
- Desktop computer or laptop required: tablets and Chromebooks are not supported.
- A working built-in or external webcam, microphone, and speakers is required.
- Internet speed must be at least 2 Mbps upload and download.
- Browser: Google Chrome v39 or later, Firefox v34 or later, Internet Explorer v8 or later, Microsoft Edge, Apple Safari v6 or later. Please disable your pop-up blocker.
- Operating System: Windows 7 or later, Mac OS 10.8 or later.
Please email a request for an appointment to test with Examity® to email@example.com. You will receive details about the next step after completing the form in approximately 2 business days after we receive your request.
ESL students take the Accuplacer test in Math only. ESL students are required to have permission to take the test from ESL Coordinator Wendy Dierberger, 615-353-3380, or from Admissions, 615-353-3215.