Financial Aid Answers
Fill the gap.
How to apply
To apply for Federal and State aid you must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may apply online at www.fafsa.gov.
Who should apply
Everyone. Regardless of how much income your household may have you still need to complete the FAFSA to be considered for most forms of Federal, state, and institutional aid.
When to apply
You must reapply for financial aid each year.
- For Fall semester, the priority date is July 1.
- For Spring semester, the priority date November 1.
- For Summer semester, the priority date is April 1.
Submit your documents by the priority date so the Financial Aid office can review and award aid prior to fees being due. Miss the priority date to submit your documents and you may have to pay your fees up-front, and be reimbursed later if it is determined that you qualify for aid.
When to submit your FAFSA
Submit your FAFSA as early as October 1 in the year prior to the academic year you intend to start school. Submit your application as soon as possible to increase your chance for grants and scholarships.
Length of time for the college to receive your info
Nashville State usually receives your FAFSA two to three days after you submit your information. The Financial Aid office may not load your data until late March for the upcoming school year.
Deadline to submit your FAFSA
Submit your application as soon as possible to be considered for state grant programs. Those funds are available until exhausted. Tennessee Lottery scholarship deadlines are September 1 for Fall semester, and February 1 for Spring and Summer semesters of each year.
Confirm Nashville State received your application
Check the status of your application and other requirements.
- Log in to your MyNSCC account.
- Click the My Self Service tab.
- Click the Financial Aid tab.
- Click on Financial Aid Status and select the appropriate year.
- Click the student requirements link.
Nashville State financial aid school code
Nashville State’s FAFSA code is 007534.
Verification is the process used to double check all the information you submitted on the FAFSA. Important: Submit all the papers required to the Financial Aid office as soon as possible.
How to pay for books and supplies
Charge books and supplies at the NSCC Bookstore if you meet the following conditions:
- You have been awarded aid prior to the end of the fifth day of classes.
- You have registered for classes by the end of the fifth day of classes.
- You have aid remaining after your tuition and fees have been paid.
In order to charge books at the Nashville State bookstore you must have a valid Nashville State Student ID and must have a minimum of $15 of aid remaining.
Receive your financial aid refund check
You will receive a refund check after it has been verified that they have been attending class (approximately four to five weeks into the semester).
Sign up for direct deposit online. Otherwise refund checks are mailed to your local address.
Find more student loan help.
Student Loan Resources
- FAFSA on the Web
- US Department of Education
- Selective Service Student Information
- National Student Loan Data Systems
- NASFAA National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators