Federal Direct PLUS Loan
The Federal Direct PLUS Loan Program provides a source of loan funds to the parents of dependent undergraduate students.
- PLUS borrowers are required to file a FAFSA application.
- Parents can borrow up to the cost of education minus other financial aid for the student.
- The interest rate on PLUS loans is at a variable rate not to exceed 9%.
- Repayment on both principal and interest begins within 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed.
- There is no grace period for these loans. Interest will begin to accumulate at the time the first disbursement is made.