A way for adults to start or complete their education.
Reconnect today, tuition-free.
Tennessee Reconnect helps Tennessee adults get their degree tuition-free
, equipping them with new skills and the ability to advance in the workplace and fulfill lifelong dreams. Please see eligibility requirements below.
Reconnect Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for TN Reconnect, you must:
- Not already have an Associate or Bachelor degree (this includes foreign degrees also)
- Have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year preceding the date of application for the grant
- Fill out a TN Reconnect Scholarship Application listing your eligible college of choice
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) listing your eligible college of choice as the first school
- Be deemed an independent student. An independent student is defined as one of the following: at least 24 years old, married, a veteran, a member of the armed forces, an orphan, a ward of the court, or someone with legal dependents other than a spouse, an emancipated minor or someone who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. See complete list here.
- Apply to, be admitted, and enroll in a degree or certificate program at the eligible college of your choice. Just click here to begin
- Must complete the FAFSA and TN Reconnect Scholarship Application for each academic year
In order to maintain the TN Reconnect Scholarship Grant, you must:
- Register for at least 6 credit hours per semester
- Continuous enrollment every fall and spring semesters
- Maintain a Reconnect 2.0 GPA to maintain eligibility for the grant. (Eligibility is checked at the end of each academic year. If a student does not enroll in summer courses, this would be at the end of the spring).
- TNR will pay for Summer Semesters (Minimum of 6 credit hours)
Adults who meet all of the requirements will receive a last-dollar scholarship, which is equal to the difference between mandatory tuition and fees and any gift aid (grant, fee waivers, and state scholarships) that a student receives. It does not cover books or extra fees (such as fines, electronic books, online fees, etc.).