A way for adults to start or complete their education.
Reconnect today, tuition-free.
Tennessee Reconnect helps Tennessee adults get their degree tuition-free
, equipping them with new skills and the ability to advance in the workplace and fulfill lifelong dreams. Please see eligibility requirements below.
TN Reconnect Update
Due to COVID-19's potential ongoing impact on student enrollment, THEC/TSAC has extended the allowance for Tennessee Reconnect students to start the Fall 2020 semester enrolled less than part-time and remain eligible to participate in the program. THEC/TSAC will continue to monitor the impact from COVID-19 on our state to determine any additional accommodations which may become necessary. For questions, please email THEC.TnReconnect@tn.gov.
Reconnect Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible for TN Reconnect, you must:
- Not already have an Associate or Bachelor degree (this includes foreign degrees also)
- Have been a Tennessee resident for at least one year preceding the date of application for the grant
- Fill out a TN Reconnect Scholarship Application listing your eligible college of choice
- Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) listing your eligible college of choice as the first school
- Be deemed an independent student. An independent student is defined as one of the following: at least 24 years old, married, a veteran, a member of the armed forces, an orphan, a ward of the court, or someone with legal dependents other than a spouse, an emancipated minor or someone who is homeless or at risk of becoming homeless. See complete list here.
- Apply to, be admitted, and enroll in a degree or certificate program at the eligible college of your choice.
- Must complete the FAFSA and TN Reconnect Scholarship Application for each academic year.
- Submit all verification documents, if selected.
In order to maintain the TN Reconnect Scholarship Grant, you must:
- Continuous enrollment every fall and spring semesters
- Maintain a Reconnect 2.0 GPA to maintain eligibility for the grant. (Eligibility is checked at the end of each academic year. If a student does not enroll in summer courses, this would be at the end of the spring).
- TNR will pay for Summer Semesters (Minimum of 6 credit hours)
Adults who meet all of the requirements will receive a last-dollar scholarship, which is equal to the difference between mandatory tuition and fees and any gift aid (grant, fee waivers, and state scholarships) that a student receives. It does not cover books or extra fees (such as fines, electronic books, online fees, etc.).