Nashville State Visual Communications' Students Win Five ADDY Awards
Four students from Nashville State Community College’s Visual Communications program took home five prestigious American Advertising Awards (ADDYs) in four categories during a local competition among several universities and colleges.
Nashville State’s award-winning students:
- Mari Davis (Graphic Design A.A.S.)
Gold – Product Promotion for Matches
Silver – Product Promotion for Cha Cha Cha
- Pearl Lomax (Graphic Design A.A.S.)
Silver – Collateral Material, Stationary Package for Pearl Lomax Identity
- Chelsea Griffith (Graphic Design A.A.S.)
Silver – Collateral Material, Printed Annual Report or Brochure for Outline
- Tasha Powers (Photography A.A.S.)
Gold – Color Photography Campaign for Flowers
“The creative talent and dedication of Nashville State students is a continuous source of inspiration for me and the other faculty. It is a privilege to work with our students as they develop their creative vision and hone their skills to prepare for professional and creative careers,” said Emily Naff, associate professor of photography and visual communications.
The Nashville-area student ADDY competition is one of the most competitive in the nation, with entries from other design and visual communication schools such as, Nossi College of Art, Middle Tennessee State University Department of Art & Design, and Watkins College of Art & Design at Belmont University.
History of Nashville State ADDY competition results:
- 2021 – Four students won seven ADDYs
- 2020 – Three students won seven ADDYs
- 2019 – Four students won four ADDYs (A student’s design was also selected by a team of professionals to be used on all marketing materials for the 2018 competition)
- 2018 – Five students won 10 ADDYs
All Nashville State Community College student winning art can be viewed by clicking on this link.
Nashville State Community College Foundation has for five years provided a grant to cover student entry fees, due to the generous support of private donors that fund scholarships and program enrichment funds.