Grants are awards that you don't pay back. You can easily apply for grants by filling out the FAFSA.
The Federal Pell Grant is a federally funded program based on need as determined by FAFSA. The amount of the actual grant is based upon information you submit on the FAFSA and the enrollment hours for classes in your program of study.
General Eligibility Requirements
- Need-based program – based on FAFSA data
- Must be enrolled in degree or approved certificate program
- Must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
- Meet SAP (Satisfactory Academic Progress)
- Not in default of student loan or owe a federal repayment
Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is a federally funded program awarded based on exceptional financial need as determined by FAFSA.
Tennessee Student Assistance Award
Tennessee Student Assistance Award (TSAA) is a non-repayable grant to Tennessee residents. TSAA is based on need as determined by FAFSA. Students must be enrolled in at least six credit hours. Priority is given to students whose FAFSA is processed by March 1 prior to the award year.
Helping Heroes Grant
Funded by the Tennessee State Lottery Scholarship Program, and awarded on a first-come first-served basis, the Helping Heroes Grant serves former members of the armed forces, reserve, or National Guard who were called into active duty and have met the following general criteria:
- Received an honorable discharge and has been awarded the Iraq Campaign Medal, the Afghanistan Campaign Medal, or after 9/11/01, received the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
- Be a Tennessee resident one year prior to application deadline
- Be admitted to and enrolled in an eligible postsecondary institution
- Must not have received a baccalaureate degree
- Cannot be in default on a Federal Title IV educational loan or TN educational loan nor owe a refund on federal Title IV student financial aid program or a Tennessee student financial aid program
- Not be incarcerated and be in compliance with federal drug-free rules and laws for receiving financial assistance
- Complete the Helping Heroes Grant Application
Contact the Financial Aid Office
2nd Floor of S-Building
White Bridge Campus
8 AM – 4:30 PM