VA Scholarships

Additional Aid for Current Military, Veterans, Dependents, and Spouses

In addition to the GI Bill®, there are a variety of scholarships and financial aid options available. Apply now to save more money while you earn your education.

Tuition Assistance (TA) is a government benefit offered to current service members of all branches of the Armed Forces to assist with the cost of tuition. Some military spouses may also be eligible to receive a form of Tuition Assistance. Here you may find information on the general process to request TA and policies for utilizing Military Tuition Assistance. Select your branch of the military below to visit their education portal. 

How to Request Tuition Assistance 

  1. Speak with your Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within the Military Service to ensure your eligibility for Tuition Assistance prior to enrolling.
  2. Follow their instructions on how to request Tuition Assistance for your course(s). Take note of the timeframe in which you are able to request your TA.
  3. The military approves your TA request.
  4. Your approved TA request must be turned in to the College's Business Office for processing. You may submit the form by emailing it to
  5. The Business Office applies the TA credit to your account. You are responsible for payment of any difference not covered by the TA in order to confirm your course schedule. 

The Helping Heroes Grant is established and funded from the net proceeds of the state lottery. Veterans are eligible for the $1,000 grant each semester. View th website for eligibility requirements.

You may be eligible for the Fry Scholarship if you’re the child or surviving spouse of an active-duty Service member who died in the line of duty on or after September 11, 2001. For more information visit Fry Scholarship. 

Find over 1,000 scholarships listed exclusively for the military community. Use Scholarship Finder now.

Federal Student Aid sources of scholarships and loan repayment help for veterans and their family members. Visit Aid for Veterans and Military Families.

U.S. Veterans Magazine provides a comprehensive list of scholarships available to veterans and their spouses and families.

CPT James Ahn Special Forces Memorial Scholarship is a scholarship for Special Forces veterans.

There are a variety of scholarships available for veterans who want to go into nursing. Explore Nursing Scholarships. 

Contact the VA Coordinator

Feel free to call, email, or stop by the office. We're here for you!


Student Services Building
White Bridge Campus


8 AM – 4:30 PM

Phone: 615-353-3211
Fax: 615-353-3302