Process Operator Technical Certificate
Translate technology into performance.
The Process Operator technical certificate prepares students for entry-level employment in manufacturing and process control. The program is designed to prepare entry-level workers in industries that include, but are not limited to, chemical, food and beverage, pharmaceutical, power generation, pulp and paper, refining, and waste water control.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Feed raw material and processing agents into plant machinery.
- Prepare and measure raw material.
- Set controls and operate machinery.
- Take samples for testing, test products and record process data.
- Check instruments and equipment to make sure of correct operation, and be aware of any abnormal operating conditions.
Students who graduate from the program may obtain positions as entry-level process operators.