Admission & Selection Process
General Information Sessions
If you would like to learn more about the Central Sterile Processing program, register for one of the following general information sessions. If you plan to apply to the program, you must attend an information session. Each meeting will be held over Zoom and last about one hour. Click on a link below to register.
Eligibility, Application, and Selection Process
You must have done the following to be eligible to apply to our programs:
- Completed your application to Nashville State Community College (declare Health Science A.S. as your major).
- Taken any necessary placement tests (Accuplacer, NSCC English Language Placement Test) if you need them.
- Enroll in any Learning Support (Except math; Learning Support math is NOT required) or English as a Second Language (ESL) classes you place into. These must be successfully completed prior to starting the program in the fall.
- Completed pre-requisite courses prior to Fall admission.
- BIOL 1000: Medical Terminology
- SURG 1304: Basic Anatomy
- SURG 2310: Microbiology and Asepsis
- Attend a General Information Session
- Complete eligibility requirements as outlined above.
- Complete the Central Processing Technology Application.
- Complete the Reasoning and Critical Thinking Assessments.
- Applicants will receive points from Assessments completed prior to selection.
- Applicants with the most points will be seated by rank order until seats are filled.
- The remaining applicants will be offered a place on the waiting list. Wait-listed applicants will be offered program seats vacated prior to the start of the fall semester.
Email CentralProcessing@nscc.edu with any questions.