Get your degree.

A first-time student at NSCC is an applicant who has never attended any college before. Below are the steps you need to take to apply to Nashville State.

A readmitted student is any former NSCC student who has not been enrolled for over one year and seeks to return to college. Download Steps for Readmitted Student to Apply

Address to Send Documents

NSCC Office of Admission
120 White Bridge Pike
Nashville, TN 37209

NSCC accepts electronic transcripts through a secure electronic exchange only. Please check with your previous institution to see if this option is available.

Please never email personally identifiable information.

Steps for Degree Seekers to Apply

  1. Submit an NSCC application.
    Summer and Fall 2023 applications are open now.
    Apply online
  2. Request your high school transcript.
    All transcripts must be official and sent to NSCC directly from your previous institution. Official transcripts can be sent to NSCC in one of three ways:
    1. E-Transcript Service: National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment, using as the receiving account.
    2. Mailed by the previous school:
      NSCC Office of Admission
      120 White Bridge Pike
      Nashville, TN 37209
    3. Delivered in person by the student in an envelope sealed by the records office. If the envelope is opened, the transcript will not be accepted.
  3. Send us your Official ACT Report.
    The ACT scores on your official high school transcripts are acceptable, as are SAT scores.

    Request your report from American College Testing Program
    NSCC ACT code: 3983
    Use this number to request scores be sent to NSCC.

    If you are 21 years of age or older, you are not required to submit an ACT Report. You will be required to take the Accuplacer test.
  4. Obtain Certificate of Immunization.
    To get this certificate, submit the Immunization Form to the Office of Admissions:
    Download Immunization Form (PDF)

    Official copies of State Health Department or military immunization forms will be accepted in lieu of the certificate.
  5. Provide proof of United States citizenship or lawful presence.
    See acceptable documentation.