Answers for ESL Students

What should I do first?

You should fill out an application for admission. Then you should turn in all documents required for admission.

How do I know which documents I need for admissions?

You will receive a letter from the Admissions Office after you submit an application. It will list the documents needed. You can also check the Admissions webpage.

How do I schedule an appointment to take the Michigan Plus Test?

You should use the NSCC Website to select the date and time that works for you: Michigan Plus Test

How many classes should I take?

We recommend you take only one or two classes if you are working full-time. If you are working part-time, you will be able to handle more classes.

Will I be eligible for Financial Aid?

Financial Aid pays for unlimited ESOL classes if you qualify, and it will pay for up to 30 hours of learning support classes. Check with Financial Aid to apply for assistance.

What should I do if my Michigan Plus Test scores are below intermediate proficiency (NSCC ESL level 2)?

You will need to continue working on your English by taking classes locally (in the Nashville area).

How do I get my Michigan Plus Test Scores?

Your scores will be sent to your official student email account and your personal email account you listed your application.