Tobacco-Free Campus Policy
Tobacco use is not permitted in any NSCC owned or leased property. This includes all grounds, vehicles, and buildings owned or leased by NSCC. The policy became effective Fall Semester 2011 (starting August 27, 2011).
This policy applies to all faculty, staff, students, contractors and visitors of NSCC and is in effect 24 hours a day, year-round. This policy applies to all forms of tobacco products including, but not limited to, cigarettes, pipes, cigars, chewing tobacco, and snuff, as well as smokeless electronic cigarettes and other similar devices.
Student violations should be reported to Security or the Dean of Students.
- First Offense: Verbal warning from Dean of Students
- Second Offense: Probation
- Third Offense: Suspension
- Fourth Offense: Expulsion
Employee violations should be reported to immediate supervisor.
- First Offense: Written record of conversation
- Second Offense: First written warning
- Third Offense: Second written warning
- Fourth Offense: Termination