Fee Waivers and Discounts
Save money when you go to college.
College fees can really add up. The good news is that you may qualify for a tuition waiver or discount if certain eligibility requirements are met.
Summer 2022 Fee Waiver Registration Begins
|Full Term||May 3||May 27||May 27||Apr 4|
|First 5-Week Summer Session||May 3||May 27||May 27||Apr 4|
|Second 5-Week Summer Session||Jun 7||Jul 1||Jul 1||Apr 4|
|Weekend Term*||May 3||May 27||May 27||Apr 4|
|Open Session||May 3||May 27||May 27||Apr 4|
|TN eCampus Full Session||Apr 25||May 20||May 20||Apr 4|
Deadline to Submit Waiver Summer 2022 Fee Waiver
|Full Term||June 3 at 4 PM|
|First 5-Week Summer Session||June 3 at 4 PM|
|Second 5-Week Summer Session||July 8 at 4 PM|
|Open Session||June 3 at 4 PM|
|TN eCampus Full Session||May 27 at 4 PM|
Enroll in one course per term without paying tuition, maintenance fees, technology access fees, or registration fees.
Know the rules.
- Fees are not waived for noncredit, CEU, or correspondence courses, application fees, or parking permits. (For TN eCampus courses only the online fee and maintenance fee are waived.)
- Register only during the late registration period. Enrollment is subject to space availability in the class selected.
- Submit a completed state employee fee waiver form signed by your employer certifying that you are a full-time employee with at least six months of continuous service with the State of Tennessee. Download Fee Waiver for State Employees Form PDF
- You may not audit a class; if you are applying the fee waiver to your account balance then the course must be taken for credit.
Senior Citizens and Students with Disabilities
Students using Senior or Disability waivers must contact the Bursar's office (email@example.com) at the time of registration each term to request the use of the waiver.
Take a class for credit.
If you are 65 years of age or older and live in Tennessee, or totally disabled persons who wish to take classes for credit you may enroll for a fee of $70 per semester.
Audit a class.
If you are 60 years of age or older, or are totally disabled and wish to audit classes no fee is required.
Check these rules first.
- Enrollment is subject to the availability of space in the class requested.
- Complete registration during the late registration period only.
- Fees for Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) are not waived or reduced.
To apply, complete the NSCC application for admission.
Download Total Disability Fee Waiver Form PDF
Save with eRate tuition.
If you are a non-resident of Tennessee and enrolled in online courses only you may be eligible for eRate tuition fees instead of the traditional out-of-state fees.
Meet the eRate requirements.
- Be enrolled at a Tennessee Board of Regents institution, be classified as a non-resident of Tennessee, and be enrolled exclusively in online courses.
- Meet all the admissions requirements of Nashville State Community College.
- Be verified as an online out-of-state student enrolled exclusively in courses delivered online.
- You are not eligible for eRate if you are enrolled in any course other than online (such as on-campus, virtual, and hybrid) and will instead incur traditional non-resident fees and charges. Understand that you are financially responsible for the payment of these non-resident fees and charges.
- If you are enrolled in both online and other types of courses and decide to drop the other type of courses, you will NOT then become eligible for the eRate.
If you have questions or need assistance, contact the Bursar's Office.