Fee Waivers and Discounts
Save money when you go to college.
College fees can really add up. The good news is that you may qualify for a tuition waiver or discount if certain eligibility requirements are met.
Enroll in one course per term without paying tuition, maintenance fees, technology access fees, or registration fees.
Know the rules.
- Fees are not waived for noncredit, CEU, or correspondence courses, application fees, or parking permits. (For TN eCampus courses only the online fee and maintenance fee are waived.)
- Register only during the late registration period. Enrollment is subject to space availability in the class selected.
- Submit a completed state employee fee waiver form signed by your employer certifying that you are a full-time employee with at least six months of continuous service with the State of Tennessee. Download Fee Waiver for State Employees Form PDF
- You may not audit a class; if you are applying the fee waiver to your account balance then course must be taken for credit.
Senior Citizens and Students with Disabilities
Take a class for credit.
If you are 65 years of age or older and live in Tennessee, or totally disabled persons who wish to take a class for credit you may enroll for a fee of $70 per semester.
Audit a class.
If you are 60 years of age or older, or are totally disabled and wish to audit classes no fee is required.
Check these rules first.
- Enrollment is subject to availability of space in class requested.
- Complete registration during late registration period only.
- Fees for Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) are not waived or reduced.
To apply, complete the NSCC application for admission and pay the $20 application fee.
Download Total Disability Fee Waiver Form PDF
Save with eRate tuition.
If you are a non-resident of Tennessee and enrolled in online courses only you may be eligible for eRate tuition fees instead of the traditional out-of-state fees.
Meet the eRate requirements.
- Be enrolled at a Tennessee Board of Regents institution, be classified as a non-resident of Tennessee, and be enrolled exclusively in online courses.
- Meet all the admissions requirements of Nashville State Community College.
- Be verified as an online out-of-state student enrolled exclusively in courses delivered online.
- You are not eligible for eRate if you are enrolled in any course other than online (such as on-campus) and will instead incur traditional non-resident fees and charges. Understand that you are financially responsible for payment of these non-resident fees and charges.
- If you are enrolled in both online and other type of courses, and decide to drop the other type of courses, you will NOT then become eligible for the eRate.
Submit Spring 2017 waivers by 4pm Jan 19.
UT, TBR, and NSCC full-time employees with fee waivers register for classes Dec 19–Jan 16.
State Employees, Seniors (Audit and Credit), Students w/ Disability Fee Waivers register for classes Jan 9–16.
Submit fee waivers Nov 7–Jan 19, 4pm.