Go to college tuition-free.
Due to COVID-19, currently enrolled TN Promise college students may now attend summer session on a part-time basis. Please consider the following:
- Enrollment in any number of hours for summer 2020 will count as one of a student's potential 5 semesters of TN Promise eligibility.
- Students must maintain at least a 2.0 GPA to retain TN Promise eligibility. GPA will be captured at the end of the academic year which includes summer if a student chooses to enroll.
- This does not apply to the high school graduating class of 2020.
- Email or text Financial Aid if you have questions.
- Text (Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm): 615-492-6222
Apply to TN Promise
Apply for the scholarship by completing the TN Promise application by November 1 of your senior year of high school. The application can be found at the link below.
Once you have applied, you will receive communications explaining your next steps.
How to Remain Eligible
To remain eligible for Tennessee Promise, you must:
- Complete eight hours of community service each semester. Community service opportunities are listed here.
- Meet with your mentor at your set time.
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Enroll and complete 12 hours each fall and spring semester. Summer enrollment is optional.
- Complete an associate’s degree in five semesters.
TN Promise Student Handbook
The Class of 2020 TN Promise Handbook, provided by TN Achieves, outlines the steps you will take to complete the college access process and begin your first semester as a TN Promise Scholar.
Read the Class of 2020 TN Promise Handbook (PDF).