The Office of Online Learning is dedicated to providing faculty with training, resources, and support so they can confidently and competently instruct in the online environment. As updates to D2L and other supported tools occur we will continue to update our resources for Nashville State.
D2L Resources for Faculty
The guides and videos below provide information on navigating D2L.
- Logon to NS Online
- D2L: How to Log in (1:18)
- Explore My Home and Course Home
- Overview of Calendar
- Locate Faculty and Student Resources
- D2L Internal Email (10:04)
The guides and videos below provide information on utilizing D2L’s assessment tools to craft a variety of assessment types.
- Assignments Dropbox
- Rubrics Guide for Instructors
- Guide: Quizzes in D2L
- Guide: Edit Quiz Acommodations in Classlist
- Video Playlist: D2L Quizzes
- Video: Creating a New Quiz with New Questions (3:34)
- Video: Customize Submission Views (2:15)
- Video: Reset Quiz Attempts for Learners (0:47)
- Video: Add Student to Quiz Special Access (3:50)
- Import Test Bank: Pearson
- Turnitin has two integrations within D2L.
- The Similarity Report can provide information about potential plagiarism within student submissions. The Similarity Report in Turnitin now includes an new AI writing indication feature.
- The Feedback Studio allows instructors to provide detailed, inline, annotated feedback.
- How to Use Turnitin in D2L
- Turnitin AI Detection
- Virtual Proctoring - Respondus Lockdown Broswer is an internal proctoring tool used to ensure that students are not accessing additional course content (course content, digital textbook, etc.) during assessments.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser & Monitor
The guides and videos below provide information on utilizing D2L’s evaluation tools to grade student assessments while providing transparency.
The guides and videos below provide information on creating course content.
- Managing Content
- Adding Content
Yuja Video and Lecture Capture in D2L
Yuja Panorama for Accessibility in D2L
- Yuja Panorama Guide
- Panorama Overview
- Yuja's Website Accessibility Tool
If you would like to get assistance in improving the accessibility of your content, please utilize Microsoft’s Accessibility Checker or contact the Office of Online Learning to schedule a consultation with a member of our support team.
The guides and videos below provide information on utilizing D2L's additional tools.
- Intelligent Agents send an automated email when instructor-defined criteria are met.
- Awards Guide (also known as badges)
- Issue awards to recognize learner accomplishments
- Chat Tool
- Attendance Tool